Music serves a twofold purpose within games: it reinforces a game’s world-building and it sets the mood. Done correctly, this results in a more engaging and enthralling game experience: music makes the fictional worlds of video games come to life.
In order to produce high quality music, I have a wide array of instruments at my disposal, ranging from traditional and classical instruments to modern synthesis software. As I deliver my music coded, integrating it through middleware like FMOD, I can make the music as dynamic and responsive to player actions as is suitable to the project. My music experience includes:
- Classical, symphonic and impressionist music;
- Cyber, science-fiction, industrial and synthesized music;
- Linear, dynamic and interactive music;
- Composition, arrangement and conducting;
- Using both MIDI (computer) compositions and recorded elements (e.g. vocalists or solo instruments).